Every September, United Way Perth-Huron celebrates the kick-off of our annual fundraising campaign with friends and supporters across Perth and Huron Counties. Six of our great communities host events: Exeter, Goderich, Listowel, St. Marys, Stratford and Wingham.
- Location: Market Square in Downtown Stratford
- Date and Time: Friday, September 16, 12 noon – 1:30 p.m.
- Campaign Announcement time: Presentation begins at 12:20 p.m.
- Food: Pulled Pork on a bun, homemade coleslaw and chocolate milk. Alternative menu available for those with dietary needs supplied by The Pulp – available by request, must be pre-ordered. Vegan and gluten free option includes: Jack Fruit Vegan “pulled pork” on a gluten free bun and a sparkling juice (Sap Sucker). Angela’s Gelato available for purchase with $1 from each serving going to United Way.
- Cost: $18 in advance, $20 at event
- Tickets: on sale now at 32 Erie Street Stratford
- Additional Notes: Music by Dan Stacey – local fiddler and step dancer
||Sun Life (Title Sponsor)
||Aisin Canada Inc.
||Blowes Stationery & Office Supplies
||Susan Molenhuis, Sutton First Choice Realty
- Perth County Pork Producers donated pork
- Dairy Producers of Ontario donated the milk
- Grain Farmers of Ontario donated buns
- The Local Community Food Centre chefs preparing the meal
- Sun Life volunteers assisting with prep
- No Frills providing utensils and napkins
Town-Wide Pizza Night
- Location: Various pizza locations around St Marys
- Date and Time: Friday September 16th
- Campaign Announcement time: none
- Food: Purchase pizza from your favourite restaurant
- Cost: Cost and donation (from pizza place) varies from restaurant to restaurant
||Little Caesars Pizza
||New Orleans Pizza
The Great St. Marys Bed Race!
- Location: Milt Dunnell Park – “The Flats”
- Date and Time: Saturday September 17th, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Campaign Announcement time: 1:00 PM
- Food: Sunrise Food Truck will be available for purchase
- Cost: Free to attend.
- To register a Bed Race Team – $100 for team of 5 people – registration form to be completed online Click Here to Register
Southern Huron (Exeter)
- Location: Event happens at the Municipality of South Huron parking lot – 322 Main Street S, Exeter
- Date and Time: Friday, September 16 from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Campaign Announcement: Announcement of campaign goal happens at 5:30 p.m.
- Food and Cost: Tickets for the Soup sampling and voting can be purchased at the event. Ticket price $10 for 2 oz samplings
|Participating Soup Challenge Restaurants:
||The Barn Restaurant & Pub
||Canton House Buffet Restaurant
||Crabby Joe’s Bar & Grill
|Exeter Thai Cuisine
||Golden City Restaurant
||Huron Family Restaurant
||Ironwood Golf Club
|Jerry Raders Homestyle Catering & Market
||Robinson’s Fresh Cafe
- Volunteer Fair: There is no cost for organizations to participate in the volunteer fair. A table will be provided but they must provide their own canopy and chairs if required.
||Art Around Town
||Big Brothers Big Sisters
|CMHA Thames Valley
||Community Living South Huron
||Exeter & District Heritage Foundation
||Exeter Legion Auxiliary
||Huron Middlesex 2923 Army Cadet Corps
||Huron County Food Bank Distribution Centre
|Huron Fidget Makers
||Municipality of South Huron
|South Huron Arts Centre
||South Huron Community Choir
||South Huron Community Theatre
||United Way Perth-Huron
Goderich & Area
Picnic in the Park
- Location: Event happens on the South Side of Courthouse Square (1 Courthouse Square, Goderich, ON)
- Date and Time: Sunday, September 18th from 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Campaign Announcement: 12 noon
- Food: Sweet Love Eats food truck will be on site serving delicious food
- Cost: No advance tickets/registration required
- Activities: There will be oversized lawn games from Paul the Maker, a popcorn machine provided by Libro and sea glass jewelry available for purchase.
- Additional: On Monday, September 19th, Cait’s Café will donate 100% of drip coffee and tea sales to United Way’s work in the Goderich community.
North Perth (Listowel)
- Location: Ward and Uptigrove parking lot
- Date and Time: Friday September 16th, 12 noon – 2:00 p.m.
- Campaign Announcement time: 12:30 p.m.
- Food: Food trucks; BeaverTails and The Wild Boar
- Cost: Free to attend. Food available for purchase
Northern Huron (Wingham)
- Location: Wingham – North Huron Wescast Community Complex, 99 Kerr Drive in Wingham
- Date and Time: Sunday, September 11th from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Campaign Announcement: 4 p.m.
- Food: BeaverTails food truck and the Wingham Air Cadets hosting Cherrey’s Dog House Truck with food for purchase
- Cost: No tickets needed for any parts of the event. Volunteer passports (by donation) can be picked up at the parking lot of the North Huron Wescast Community Complex. Draws to take place after campaign announcement.
|Passport Prize Sponsors:
||The Blyth Inn
||Castings Public House
||Cherrey’s Dog House
|Cornerstone Pizza & Subs
||Great China House Restaurant
|New Orleans Pizza
||Riverview Local Eatery
||Pick a Posie Vintage
- Volunteer Fair: The Wingham Community Connectors are hosting the fair at the North Huron Wescast Community Complex from 1 pm to 4 pm – free to attend.
|Participating Volunteer Fair Organizations:
||Big Brothers and Big Sisters
|Centre for Employment and Learning
||Choices For Change
||Elementary School Fair
||Girl Guides and Boy Scouts
||Horticultural Society, Wingham
|Ladies Auxiliary, Legion
||Lighting of the Lights
||Lions Club of Wingham
||Musical Muskrat Festival
|North Huron Food Share
||ONE CARE Home & Community Support Services
||Parent Council, FE Madill Secondary School
||Parent Council, Maitland River Elementary School
||Town Hall Theatre
||Township of North Huron
|United Way Perth-Huron
||Wingham Community Garden & Orchard
||Wingham Community Trail Committee
||Wingham Friends of the Library
|Wingham Homecoming 2024