Join Us by Volunteering!
Board of Directors Opportunity
UWPH is currently recruiting a volunteer as a Board Member who has experience and/or specialty knowledge in Human Resources and can begin in July 2022. Board terms are 3-years with a maximum of two terms.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide overall vision and direction for UWPH.
- Ensure that UWPH’s activities fulfil the strategic directions.
- Actively encourage community links and partnerships.
- Identify and help mitigate organizational risks.
- Review policy and procedure practices.
- Support revenue generation.
Your time, talent and energy are great assets to the community. Not only does volunteering help United Way Perth-Huron, it’s a way to show your #LocalLove by putting your passion into action, use your skills or develop new ones, expand your social circle and improve your health.
In 2018, 600 people volunteered their time with United Way to improve lives locally.
Research from 2017 shows that volunteering has a proven positive impact on our physical and mental health. As a result of giving back:
- 93% of people say their mood has improved
- 88% of people say their self-esteem has increased
- 79% of people say their stress levels have decreased
- 75% of people say they feel physically healthier
- Adults over 50 are less likely to develop high blood pressure