Ways to Give
When you show your #LocalLove by making a donation to United Way, you are investing in your community and giving the most vulnerable a brighter future. Every dollar of your donation stays 100% local, addressing #UNIGNORABLE issues like poverty, homelessness and mental health.
Making a gift to the United Way is Easy! Choose from the options below, each directly supports our work in the community.
Single or Monthly Donation
Every dollar you donate makes a difference in your community. It’s never been faster or easier to donate to the United Way.
- ONLINE: Simply Click Here to make an online donation or click on the “Donate Now” button at the side of the page.
- BY MAIL OR IN PERSON: Another quick easy option, you can download the Individual Gifts Pledge Form (PDF) and return it by regular mail or in person to:
32 Erie St.
- BY PHONE: Call 519-271-7730 or 877-818-8867 Monday to Friday during business hours. Please note our offices close for all statutory holidays.
Payroll Deduction Donation:
Many workplaces run annual employee giving campaigns. Inquire at your workplace if payroll deductions is an option where you work.
A Gift in Honour / in Memory:
Honour or remember someone special by making an online gift and we will acknowledge it by sending a hand written note to an individual or family upon request.
Your gift can be in the form of shares, bonds or mutual funds. The elimination of capital gains on a gift of stocks may create considerable tax advantages for you depending on your situation.
Giving Life Insurance
Name United Way as the beneficiary on your policy. The receipt issued qualifies for a tax credit that can offset the income tax liability on your estate. Your insurance adviser may have other planning options — including donating a new or existing life insurance policy to United Way — for you to explore.
Become a Leader
Leader Donors come together to lead change around Perth-Huron’s most #UNIGNORABLE issues, demonstrating a commitment to the well-being of our community and driving social change. Leader Donors make a meaningful difference in the community with an individual annual donation of $1,200+($100 per month). This demonstration of #LocalLove helps address the root causes of social challenges and creates long-term strategies to solve them.
Inspire Others – Leadership Match
Leadership Match Donors understand that in order to address #UNIGNORABLE issues in Perth and Huron, it takes a collective effort. A Leadership Match donation of $6,000 is the fuel used to encourage other donors to become Leaders and commit to being more deeply involved in solving the issues confronting our community.
Sponsorships offer Perth and Huron businesses another way to show their #LocalLove by helping build awareness of #UNIGNORABLE issues like poverty, homelessness and mental health in the community. United Way offers various event sponsorship opportunities throughout the year:
- Community Campaign Kick-off Celebration (September – Stratford, Listowel, Goderich, St. Marys)
- Spirit of Community Celebration (end of March)
- In the Loop, Stratford-Perth Family Resource Expo (early May)
- Women United Events (Fall and winter)
- Coldest Night of the Year (February)
United Way also offers a variety of sponsorship opportunities related to material we produce and distribute in workplaces and communities across our region. Have your logo displayed on one or more items and demonstrate your leadership in the community through support of United Way. Opportunities include:
- Community Thermometer (Stratford, Listowel, Goderich)
- Annual Impact Report
- United Way car
- Roadway banners (Stratford, St.Marys, Seaforth, Listowel, Goderich)