Here are the easy steps to be a successful team member:
Register online in order for your Paint the Town Red package to be prepared and delivered to you.
Packages will be delivered early to mid November.
Spread awareness of your participation on your website, Facebook, and Twitter!
Public Relations for local radio, paper, and online promotion marketing for the event and directing local shoppers to participating local businesses will be arranged by United Way.
Packages will be delivered to all participating businesses in early to mid November. It will contain tools to help you more deeply understand United Way and participate:
- Window Poster for your team to share how you are participating
- Participant P.R. Benefits
- Link to online Paint the Town Red resource toolbox with more tools
- Donation Tally Sheet
- Supported Partner Services Info that serves your specific region
- Community Impact Report
The weekend of Friday November 24 — Sunday November 26
Some suggested ideas:
- Red Drink/Cocktail
- Red Socks
- Percentage of sales of all things red product
- Percent of net sales for three days
- Spicy Sandwich
- Red manicure or pedicure
- Strawberry filled baked good
- Brainstorm with your staff and be creative
Participating businesses submit their participant envelope with tallied donation sheet and donations to United Way or their local PTTR Committee Member by Friday December 8th. United Way will pick up from your local BIA/Chamber with group photo opportunity for local participants.
Join us for a photo opportunity in January, if you are able!
Our Goal is that collectively we raise funds to support the 48 supported partner programs like these:
- Neighbours Helping Neighbours Program that enables Huron County Distribution Centre to provide food banks with their increasing food security needs.
- Family Services Perth-Huron counselling available for those that are often vulnerable members of our community, on fixed income, have disabilities or have history of abuse
- 211 – A telephone help-line and online resource to assist individuals find social services and health related resources across Perth and Huron counties
- Connect Youth is a mobile friendly resource for youth to get information about physical health, mental health and social services across Huron and Perth counties
- Huron Safe Homes for Youth is an agency whose purpose is to respond to crisis and emergency situations involving young people and their families/caregivers in an attempt (where possible) to restore the family unit.
- Stratford Perth Shelterlink a homeless youth shelter
- YMCA Huron Recreation, Arts, & Sports Program that enables children from low income families to participate in recreational activities.
- Stratford Perth Family YMCA – membership assistance and the West Perth Youth Centre
- …. and so many more