Please click a link below for grant information:
- New Initiative Grant – Closed until 2017
- Impact Funding Grant
- Youth in Action Grant – Closed until 2017
United Way Perth-Huron (UWPH) is a leader in understanding the root causes of social issues and bringing together people and resources to find lasting solutions. UWPH is creating real change in people’s lives – meaningful, positive, lasting change. Not just for today, but for the long term. And that means a better community for us all. By inspiring people to come together, we have the power to make a real difference, in people’s lives and in our community. UWPH seeks to invest in programs that are in alignment with the Community Impact Framework and will create positive change in the lives of community members. UWPH’s 3 Focus Areas are:
General Eligibility (New Initiative and Impact Funding Grants)
In order to be eligible to receive UWPH funding, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Provide services to Perth and/or Huron County.
- Be registered with Canada Revenue Agency as a current registered charity or incorporated not-for-profit organization.
- Have a volunteer board of directors.
- Submit annual financial reviews.
- Be non-partisan.
- Adhere to policies within UWPH’s.
- Submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI) application (open).
- Submission of a full funding request application (available for approved EOI applicants).
An EOI allows any applicant who meets the UWPH’s eligibility requirements to submit a brief proposal of what program they are requesting funds for, the amount being requested, along with a financial review for their organization. There is no limit to the number of EOI’s any given applicant may submit.
1. New Initiative Grant (1 Year) – Closed until 2017
UWPH recognizes that encouraging new approaches and innovations in community services and programs are important. The New Initiative Grant funding stream was created to respond to:
- Emerging needs.
- Test and evaluate new models of service.
- Support collaborative partnerships or smaller-scale projects.
- Assist in the pilot of new projects.
Funding for New Initiative Grants is for one year. Well-established registered Canadian charities with good governance and financial structures (including financial statements), and that deliver social and community services in Perth and Huron County, are welcome to apply.
New Initiative Grants are closed until 2017.
To Apply for a New Initiative Grant:
- Read through page 14 of UWPH’s Commuity Impact & Allocations Manual (updated March 2016) (PDF) to make sure your project is eligible for funding.
- Use the Getting Started Guide to learn how to register for UWPH’s web-based application.
- Register at https://www.grantinterface.com/uwph/Common/LogOn.aspx and begin your application.
New Initiative Grants will be open for applications starting on Tuesday, November 1, 2016.
The application deadline is Friday, December 9, 2016.
This funding stream is intended for ongoing programs that are part of the organization’s over-arching structure and mission. Well-established registered Canadian charities with good governance and financial structures (including financial statements), and that deliver social services in Perth and Huron County, are welcome to apply. Agencies must be fulfilling community needs as identified by the UWPH Framework, and must demonstrate excellence in terms of programming, community collaboration and operational management. Organizations that are not currently funded by UWPH are welcome apply for an Impact Funding Grant.
Impact Funding is currently closed until the next funding period in 2019.
Youth In Action Grants are a one-time grant opportunity of up to $1,000 focused on youth-led projects that offer creative ideas to address community issues in Perth and Huron Counties. Youth and/or groups of youth between the ages of 14 and 24 are invited to submit an application in partnership with an adult trustee (25+). These funds support youth-led projects that positively benefit the participants’ communities and support youth development.
Please note that Youth In Action Grants do not have to meet the same eligibility requirements as the other investment streams and no EOI will be required.
Youth in Action grants are currently closed until 2017.
The application deadline is Wednesday, October 5, 2016.
Please contact Tracy Birtch at 519-271-7730 ext. 225 or via email at email@example.com if you have any questions about applying.