Please click a link below for grant information:
- New Initiative Grant – Opening Fall 2017
- Impact Funding Grant – Closed until 2018
- Youth in Action Grant – Opening September 2017
United Way Perth-Huron (UWPH) is a leader in understanding the root causes of social issues and bringing people and resources together to find lasting solutions. UWPH is creating real change in people’s lives – meaningful, positive, change. Not just for today, but for the long term and that means a better community for us all.
By inspiring people to come together, we have the power to make a real difference in people’s lives and in our community. We seek to invest in programs that are in alignment with our Community Impact Framework and will create positive change in the lives of community members within the following 3 Focus Areas:
General Eligibility (New Initiative and Impact Funding Grants)
In order to be eligible to receive UWPH funding, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Provide services to Perth County and/or Huron County.
- Be registered with Canada Revenue Agency as a current registered charity or incorporated not-for-profit organization.
- Have a volunteer board of directors.
- Submit annual financial reviews.
- Be non-partisan.
- Adhere to UWPH policies.
- Submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI) application (open to all organizations.
- Submission of a full funding request application (available for approved EOI applicants).
An EOI allows any applicant who meets the UWPH’s eligibility requirements to submit a brief proposal of what program they are requesting funds for, the amount being requested, along with a financial review of their organization. There is no limit to the number of EOI’s any given applicant may submit.
1. New Initiative Grant (1 Year)
UWPH recognizes that encouraging new approaches and innovations in community services and programs are important. The New Initiative Grant funding stream was created to respond to:
- Emerging needs.
- Test and evaluate new models of service.
- Support collaborative partnerships or smaller-scale projects.
- Assist in the pilot of new projects.
New Initiative Grants provide funding for one year. Organizations are welcome to apply if they are well-established registered Canadian charities with good governance and financial structures (including financial statements), and that deliver social and community services in Perth County and/or Huron County.
To Apply for a New Initiative Grant:
- Read through page 14 of UWPH’s Community Impact & Allocations Manual (updated March 2016) (PDF) to make sure your project is eligible for funding.
- Use the Getting Started Guide to learn how to register for UWPH’s web-based application.
- Register at https://www.grantinterface.com/uwph/Common/LogOn.aspx and begin your application.
New Initiative Grants will be open for applications in Fall 2017.
The application deadline is December 2017.
This funding stream is intended for ongoing programs that are part of an organization’s over-arching structure and mission. Organizations are welcome to apply if they are well-established registered Canadian charities with good governance and financial structures (including financial statements), and that deliver social services in Perth County and/or Huron County. Agencies must be fulfilling community needs as identified by the UWPH Framework, and must demonstrate excellence in terms of programming, community collaboration and operational management. Organizations that are not currently funded by UWPH are welcome to apply for an Impact Funding Grant.
Impact Funding is currently closed until the next 3-year funding period. Applications will be accepted in 2018.
Youth In Action Grants are a one-time grant opportunity of up to $1,000 for programs that are focused on youth-led projects that offer creative ideas to address community issues in Perth and Huron Counties.
Youth and/or groups of youth between the ages of 14 and 24 are invited to submit an application in partnership with an adult trustee (25+). These funds support youth-led projects that positively benefit the participants’ communities and support youth development.
Please note that Youth In Action Grants do not have to meet the same eligibility requirements as the other investment streams and no EOI will be required.
Youth in Action grants will be opening in September 2017.
The application deadline is October 2017.
- June 2017 – Ideas Wanted! United Way Perth-Huron’s Youth In Action Grants Offer a Chance For Youth to Impact Their Own Lives
- January 2017 – United Way Perth-Huron Awards Youth in Action Grants
If you have any questions about applying, please contact Megan Partridge at 519-271-7730 ext. 225 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org