Please click a link below for grant information:
- New Initiative Grant – Expressions of Interest open from November 1, 2017 to November 17, 2017
- Impact Funding Grant – EOI Opening February 1, 2018 (closes February 28, 2018)
- Youth in Action Grant – Closed for 2017. Applications for 2018-2019 funding will open September 2018)
United Way Perth-Huron (UWPH) is a leader in understanding the root causes of social issues and bringing people and resources together to find lasting solutions. UWPH is creating real change in people’s lives – meaningful, positive, change. Not just for today, but for the long term and that means a better community for us all.
By inspiring people to come together, we have the power to make a real difference in people’s lives and in our community. We seek to invest in programs that are in alignment with our Community Impact Framework and will create positive change in the lives of community members within the following 3 Focus Areas:
General Eligibility (New Initiative and Impact Funding Grants)
In order to be eligible to receive UWPH funding, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Provide services to Perth County and/or Huron County.
- Be registered with Canada Revenue Agency as a current registered charity or incorporated not-for-profit organization.
- Have a volunteer board of directors.
- Submit annual financial reviews.
- Be non-partisan.
- Adhere to UWPH policies.
- Submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI) application (open to all organizations.
- Submission of a full funding request application (available for approved EOI applicants).
An EOI allows any applicant who meets the UWPH’s eligibility requirements to submit a brief proposal of what program they are requesting funds for, the amount being requested, along with a financial review of their organization. There is no limit to the number of EOI’s any given applicant may submit.
If you don’t think your project is eligible for funding, please call Megan Partridge (Director Governance & Community Impact) at 519-271-7730 ext. 225 to discuss.
Also, please click here to find out more about other local funding opportunities.
1. New Initiative Grant (1 Year)
UWPH recognizes that encouraging new approaches and innovations in community services and programs are important. The New Initiative Grant funding stream was created to respond to:
- Emerging needs.
- Test and evaluate new models of service.
- Support collaborative partnerships or smaller-scale projects.
- Assist in the pilot of new projects.
New Initiative Grants provide funding for one year, up to $20,000. Organizations are welcome to apply if they are well-established registered Canadian charities with good governance and financial structures (including financial statements), and that deliver social and community services in Perth County and/or Huron County.
To Apply for a New Initiative Grant:
- Read through page 14 of UWPH’s Community Impact & Allocations Manual to make sure your project is eligible for funding.
- Review the example New Initiative Funding Application.
- Consider the budget for your initiative.
- Register at https://www.grantinterface.com/uwph/Common/LogOn.aspx and begin your application.
New Initiative Grants are currently open for Expression of Interest applications until November 17, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
Submissions will then be reviewed based on eligibility requirements and organizations will be notified whether or not their initiative has been approved to move on to the full application stage. Full applications must then be submitted by December 8, 2017 at 5 pm.
2. Impact Funding Grant (3 Year)
This funding stream is intended for ongoing programs that are part of an organization’s over-arching structure and mission. Organizations are welcome to apply if they are well-established registered Canadian charities with good governance and financial structures (including financial statements), and that deliver social services in Perth County and/or Huron County. Agencies must be fulfilling community needs as identified by the UWPH Framework, and must demonstrate excellence in terms of programming, community collaboration and operational management. Organizations that are not currently funded by UWPH are welcome to apply for an Impact Funding Grant.
Impact Funding is currently closed until the next 3-year funding period. Expression of Interest applications will be be open from February 1 – 28, 2018.
Youth In Action Grants are a one-time grant opportunity of up to $1,000 for programs that are youth-led and offer creative ideas to address youth community issues in Perth and Huron Counties.
Youth and/or groups of youth between the ages of 14 and 24 are invited to submit an application in partnership with an adult trustee (25+). These funds support youth-led projects that positively benefit the participants’ communities and support youth development.
Please note that Youth In Action Grants do not have to meet the same eligibility requirements as the other investment streams and no EOI will be required.
To Apply for a Youth In Action Grant:
1. Read through the 2017-2018 Youth in Action Grants Details Page.
2. Download and complete the Grant Application.
3. Submit your completed application via email to Megan Partridge at email@example.com
Funding decisions for 2017-2018 will be announced in November 2017.
Youth In Action Grants will be open for applications in Fall 2018.
- September 2017 – 2017 Youth In Action Grants Now Open
- June 2017 – Ideas Wanted! United Way Perth-Huron’s Youth In Action Grants Offer a Chance For Youth to Impact Their Own Lives
- January 2017 – United Way Perth-Huron Awards Youth in Action Grants
If you have any questions about applying, please contact Megan Partridge (Director Governance & Community Impact) at 519-271-7730 ext. 225 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org